Custom dying is possible too. Just contact us with Pantone numbers or send me paint chips, ribbon or pieces of fabric with the colours you want – easy! There is no extra charge and costs vary depending on the type of fibre. Minimum order 500g
All existing colourways or colours of your choice can be made in the following fibres and yarns:
- 22.5 micron NZ merino sliver (sometimes also called roving),
- 18.5 micron NZ merino top
- 20% silk 80% NZ merino sliver,
- Luxury blend of 30% cria (baby alpaca), 20% mulberry silk and 50% 18.5 micron merino
- Sock blend of alpaca, mulberry silk, superwash merino and nylon
- also available on request is pure silk fibre in mulberry, tussah, and mulberry hankies and caps,
- 8 ply soft NZ merino,
- 4 ply machine washable NZ merino,
- 4 ply NZ merino (with 20% nylon) sock yarn,
- 4 ply NZ merino high twist sock yarn.
- note that the sock yarns can be used for anything but are designed with durability and easy care in mind.
ALL PRODUCTS, EXCEPT THE "BLING BATTS", WEIGH APPROXIMATELY 100g
When looking at the colourways online it is important to realise that some colours are difficult to portray on computer monitors and you will find that the colours are actually more rich and vibrant in real life. Some of my colourways include a beautiful rich aqua colour which is difficult to portray accurately. It may show up as a pale washed-out aqua colour. Rest assured, you will not be disappointed when you see the vibrance of the real product.
Some of the intense colours may result in a small amount of colour bleed in the first wash or when felting. Do not be alarmed, it will not alter the appearance of the wool. It’s just that I would rather this than risk making the sliver difficult to spin by over handling. Unlike many acid dyes, the dyes I use have low toxicity, no need to worry.
Contact us for more information - email Lyn at email@example.com